At our Firm, we understand how crucial and important employees are to a business entity. As such, our legal services cover dispute resolution, immigration, employee benefits and review of employee contracts and manuals for corporate organisations.
To achieve the foregoing, our lawyers in this field work with the lawyers in the Corporate Governance and Business Advisory team to ensure a perfect synergy in the business of our clients.
To name a few, our experience includes:
• Advising the local subsidiary company of a major logistic company on a trade dispute.
• Advising and assisting both employers and employees on different aspects of employment law.
• Acting as advocates for employees, in cases of wrongful termination of employment.
• Preparing and negotiating contracts of employment, directors’ service agreements, employee manuals & handbooks and consultancy agreements.
• Representing clients in matters involving:
1. Restraint of trade
5. Disciplinary control and dismissal of staff
6. Employment disputes
7. Actions for unlawful, unfair dismissal or wrongful dismissal; and
8. Breach or termination of contracts of employment
• Advising on procedures for procurement of expatriate quota or business permits and resident permits; and processing their renewals for foreigners doing and intending to do business in Nigeria.